Wednesday 4 May 2011

Critical Reflection and Summary : Digital Portfolio

Here is my online portfolio, put on my blog since I couldn't master my own wiki page!

My journey during this module has been easy to track, thanks to my Delicious page : 

All the links I found significant to my inquiry are listed on my Delicious page, however, I have highlighted those that I feel were most beneficial to me this module, in this blog.

I began by creating my delicious account, and then proceeding to reading many and various SIG discussions. One in particular attracted my attention : 

One of the questions on there, 'Is a three year vocational course enough to prepare graduates for the professional performance industry?' I realised that I didn't think my vocational training prepared me enough, and I immediately knew the reason for it - I came out of my training injured and unsure of my options. I asked myself 'why'? I also found this discussion : http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=145821545478191&topic=75 and reading people's comments, I realised I was not alone in my thoughts.

On the SIG board, I noticed a discussions appear relating to injuries, posted by a girl I actually trained with : http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=145821545478191&topic=99

I found many of the comments on this interesting, and used them to inspire my surveys and interview questions.
The following links are numerous articles that I have come across on my mission to find out about injury rates, health myths and education on safe practice: 

The following link, in particular really opened my eyes to the issues surrounding injuries, and has influenced the progression of my inquiry: 

When looking into education behind the injury rates, I looked at various specifications for different vocational qualifications : 

The following links are to my preliminary trial surveys:

Here are the links to two of the blogs I posted about the module tasks:
http://eleanormattley.blogspot.com/2011/05/task-5c.html
http://eleanormattley.blogspot.com/2011/05/task-6c.html


No comments:

Post a Comment